Bullying Behaviors: When and How to Intervene
||K-8 grade teachers, teaching assistants, principals and assistant principals, counselors, noon-aids and playground monitors
||To explore and gain understanding of:
- Learned behaviors and conditioning that contribute to evolving roles of perpetrator and victim.
- Differentiating between causes and symptoms of bullying behaviors.
- Early identification of behavioral clues to bullying: children's sense of powerlessness, futurelessness and rage.
- Generating and sustaining school environments to prevent and defuse bullying when it occurs.
- Responding constructively to victims and bystanders.
- Overall prevention strategies: strengthen children's sense of empathy, promote student's sense of social well being, restorative discipline, developing interdependence and security for everyone.